Skip to content
Selected Professional Activities
- 2005–2007 Co-President, Board of Directors, College of Environmental Design Alumni Association, University of California, Berkeley, CA.
- 2004-present The Smithsonian Archives of American Art is establishing a Gyongy Laky Research Collection
- 2004 Retreat Participant, Center for Craft, Creativity and Design, Unviersity of North Carolina , Hendersonville, NC.
- (Developing the Craft Research Fund)
- 2003 Member of team of three artists to develop a comprehensive Art Master Plan for the new Federal Food and Drug Administration facility,
- Silver Springs, MD.
- 2001 Artist in residence, Oxbow School, Napa CA.
- 2000 Founding Board member, Natonal Basketry Organization.
- 1998 Advisory Board Member, International Society of Arts, Mathematics and Architecture (ISAMA), University of New York, Albany NY.
- 1996 “Art and the Environment” Keynote presentation, Conference: European Textile Network and Projects Environment of Manchester.
- 1992 Panelist, Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission, Art in Public Places, Sacramento, CA.
- 1988-1992 Trustee, American Crafts Council.
- 1986-1992 Member, Board of Directors, Capp Street Project, San Francisco, CA. (1986 – 89 Chair)
- 1986 Panelist, Colorado Council for the Arts and Humanities Fellowship Awards.
- 1981 Guest Curator for “Matter, Memory, Meaning,” Honolulu Academy of Arts, Honolulu, HI (two-year touring exhibition).
- 1973-1977 Founder and Executive Director, Fiberworks, Center for the Textile Arts, Berkeley, CA.